Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 4: Surprise!

Today's challenge is "Surprise!" While pondering what to do for this challenge I thought it would be the perfect way to test out a recipe I've been thinking up.  One of my favorite candies is Almond Joys and one of my favorite desserts are brownies.  For a couple of weeks I've been wondering about just combining the two!  So I looked up the recipe for homemade Almond Joys and made a batch of the coconut filling.  To have a "Surprise!" element, I hid the filling inside a brownie bite!  The results are beautiful and delicious.  I can't wait to take these babies to work and share them!


Again...this was shot in the kitchen at night, so desk lamp to the rescue!  To get a softer light I ended up using a white plastic bag instead of a paper towel like the last time.  I think the results were more diffused and more appealing.  Since I already pictured my kitchen backsplash I taped a piece of scrapbook paper to the wall.  Ta-da!

Settings: F/4.0, ISO 800, 1/40

No comments:

Post a Comment